This is the job spec that I’ve just written for a Host for our new client space in Hertfordshire. This will be the most important role in the small team we’re putting together.
We’re currently benchmarking the role and salary will be decided by the end of the week. In the meantime, have a look and see if this is anyone you know!
Job title – Host
Purpose – To host and ensure the smooth and professional running of our Herts space
We’re looking for a dynamic full time host for our exciting new client space in St Albans.
You’ll be joining us at a very exciting time as we open a brand new Grant Thornton experience in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Predominantly a space for our clients (we expect over half of our footfall to be customers) this is not a traditional office by any stretch.
If you imagine the space as being one part executive airport lounge, one part collaboration suite and one part event space (we have room to house events for up to 40 people) you won’t be too far wrong. The space will be home to a small team of dynamic and entrepreneurial people from across our traditional teams in Tax and Audit, as well as from our internal social media and communications teams. You’ll also work with a wide range of Grant Thornton people as they visit the space however, your first responsibility will be to our clients, ensuring that their experience of the space is one that they’ll enjoy, remember and return to again and again.
As this is a brand new role to Grant Thornton and one which we expect to set new standards across the hosted business lounge industry, the person we’re looking for will be an entrepreneurial, highly collaborative and empowered individual who’s prepared to get stuck in and develop the role of host alongside the rest of our small team.
We’re looking for someone who will show real ownership of both the role and the space, demonstrating creativity in all they do. The initial focus will be to help us build the client experience; from front line customer interaction and a concierge style service, to helping us to build lasting relationships with clients, suppliers and intermediaries alike.
There will be no typical ‘day in the life’, the role is there to be defined. You can expect to be involved in and contributing to client meetings, organising regular events and establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers such as caterers, printers and other local businesses.
You’ll be IT literate, just as happy changing printer cartridges as you are sending a tweet or helping our clients access the wifi. You’ll also be the main point of contact for our central IT team where necessary.
You may be from a hospitality or customer service background, just as at ease with building relationships with a visiting CEO as you are with chasing up a delivery of coffee. Did we mention it would be helpful if you were a trained barista, or at least able to make the best coffee in town?
So if you’re an exceptional office manager/team assistant/customer service/event organiser/account manager/barista and want to help us develop the most important role in our small, ‘start-up’ team, then apply here!
- to welcome and attend visitors to our client space in St Albans
- ‘check-in’– connect visitors to IT and other services and show them around
- to assist the team
- building and facility management
- to support our regular events, including guest management, managing suppliers and organising catering
- to work flexibly as required to suit the requirements of the business (events may be early morning, or evening – we anticipate opening 7am to 7pm but will all be responsible for covering those opening hours)
- entrepreneurial and dynamic
- quick to establish strong relationships
- happy to get your hands dirty and get stuck in
- an experienced customer service professional or front of house host
- used to dealing with a wide range of people
- flexible and happy to work flexibly
- computer literate and at ease with technology, able to figure out software quickly
- able to explain things clearly